Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: WTB Altec 414's

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JSP's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2007
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I'm in the market for a pair of Altec 414 woofers and a 806A driver.

    Any leads appreciated - thanks in advance.

    JSP

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    No afilliation and all appropriate caveats.

    Seller looks good, woofers have some cosmetic issues.

    Last pair brought 189, maybe this guy would take a reasonable offer............... worth a shot.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/1-pair-ALTEC-414...QQcmdZViewItem

  3. #3
    Inactive Member hmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2005
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I have an 806a I could part with.
    Harry

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a pair of 414-8Cs I am planning to send to GPA for a complete recone and re mag.

    I don't really have a plan for them but will say for sure after spending $250 to get them rebuilt they certainly ought to bring between $400-$450.

    Of all the Altec woofers I own I think the 414-8C has the absolute best mids you can find.

    I still think a guy who knows the art of building XOs could have a real winner with a three way consisting of 416-8B, 414-8C and 811 or 511 horns with 802-8Gs.

    That was my plan and why I bought all the parts to begin with but the desire to finish has kind of Gone!

    Gary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.